Submit a Post
Guest Blogging Guidelines & Rules
Updated: 17 August 2021
Six Degrees welcomes guest bloggers to post on our blog. We post original content every Thursday morning and invite all subscribers via email to review that content. In addition, we promote our blog posts on our home page as well as our Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook accounts.
Guidelines & Rules for Guest Posts
- Guest posts must be your own original work that has not been published on any other website, forum, chat room or social media network.
- Plagiarism or copyright infringement is not permitted.
- When quoting others, please make sure to properly cite your source.
- Posts will acknowledge your authorship but will be the property of Six Degrees.
- Once the post has been submitted to Six Degrees, you may not publish it anywhere online, in part or in whole, including your own website or blog.
- If we use your guest post, you may promote it on your own website, Facebook, Twitter or other social media forums. Promoting does not mean you post the entire article on these forums. You may include a link to your guest post and a short sentence or two explaining what the post is about.
- Submissions should be 500 to 1,000 words in length. Longer posts are allowed if it is necessary and relevant, but the final length of the article is decided by Six Degrees.
- Guest bloggers will receive writing credit as author of their post at the beginning of the article.
- Guest bloggers may submit a short bio statement (no more than 50 words) that may or may not be used at the beginning of the article.
- We do not pay for submissions. If you decide to submit a post to our site, you do so with the knowledge that you shall not be entitled to any compensation for writing the post or for any other compensation related to the post.
- Submissions are subject to a $150 fee (payable via PayPal: firstname.lastname@example.org). Payment is required in advance and covers our time to review your submission and the associated communications. If your submission is rejected for not meeting our Guest Blogging Guidelines, no refund is provided.
- Six Degrees welcomes images and/or video to accompany your guest post as long as they meet the following requirements: A) The guest post writer must be the copyright holder of the image/video OR the image/video must be licensed under an appropriate creative commons license or in the public domain. Proof must be submitted along with any image/video showing that it does not infringe on copyright laws. B) Six Degrees reserves the right to change/edit the image/video if necessary. C) If people are included in the image/video, then the guest post writer must provide a written release allowing use of likeness. D) Image/video submissions must be relevant to the post. E) Six Degrees reserves the right to deny or remove any image/video it deems inappropriate or contrary to the values of the Six Degrees company and brand.
- Six Degrees will share and promote the guest post on a variety of social media networks but does not guarantee any particular site or audience reach.
- Regarding Links:
- One nofollow link can be included in guest post submissions. Such links need to be relevant to the topic and approved by Six Degrees.
- One dofollow link can replace the nofollow link for an additional charge of $250. This fee is payable via PayPal (email@example.com) and is due after the submission is approved. The post will not be published with the dofollow link if payment is not received before the publication date provided by Six Degrees.
- Six Degrees reserves the right to add its own affiliate link(s) where appropriate.
- All search engine optimization (SEO) information, such as anchor text or alt tags, will be reviewed and subject to inclusion at the discretion of Six Degrees.
- Excessive links or links that appear to be affiliated or spam-related will be removed at the discretion of Six Degrees.
- All guest posts are reviewed and approved by Six Degrees prior to posting.
- Six Degrees reserves the right to edit guest posts where necessary.
- Six Degrees reserves the right to refuse publication or remove a guest post without prior notice to the guest blogger.
- By providing a guest post to Six Degrees, you agree that you are in no way becoming a part of the website or company, nor shall you hold yourself out to be a member of the Six Degrees website or company.
- If a guest post submission is inappropriate or needs improvements, a Six Degrees representative will let you know and offer suggestions so that it may be published at a later time. Six Degrees will review your submission in a timely manner. Six Degrees reserves the right to refuse publication of any guest post. By submitting a guest post to Six Degrees, you agree than you have read and understand this agreement and agree to be bound by it.
- Suitable topics for our blog include branding, marketing, advertising, design, market research, strategy and social media.
Secure payments provided by PayPal